Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 68

Thread: Horn mouth termination

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Earl K's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    513
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

    Re: Horn mouth termination

    - Here's a look at a repeat study that I ran today for the foam-lips ( above & below the existing metal edge / like Steve implemented ).

    - One can see the deepening of the comb-filters that I previously mentioned .

    - Red trace in background is the horn without any foam-lips . Purple trace is the same as the blueish white - just lower in level for easy of view .

    - Sorry for the washed out colors & contrast / both ARTA & Powerpoint don't handle bmp-jpg exports very well ( IME ) .

    >< cheers

    showphotophp?photo659&ampsizebig&ampcat

    ps; please let me know if this image opens for you, due to the fact that I'm hosting it over at LHF .

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Horn mouth termination

    Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    - Here's a look at a repeat study that I ran today for the foam-lips ( above & below the existing metal edge / like Steve implemeted ).

    - One can see the deepening of the comb-filters that I previously mentioned .

    - Red trace in background is the horn without any foam-lips . Purple trace is the same as the blueish white - just lower in level for easy of view .

    - Sorry for the lousy colors & contrast / both ARTA & Powerpoint don't handle jpg exports very well ( IME ) .

    >< cheers

    1

    ps; please let me know if this image opens for you, due to the fact that I'm hosting it over at LHF .

    Whoa, whoa, whoa....I see a 5 dB dip at 4 kHz...exactly what my ears were telling me and pretty close to where I had added a band pass filter adjustment at.... Okay, I'm leaving work early....stopping at a commercial hvac distributor I got some buddies at and start work on this extended lip work tonight. ...very interesting and thanks Earl!

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Horn mouth termination

    Thanks, the graph opens when you click on it.
    From the looks of that, I'd say that the foam lips are worse!

    Will have to see if I can dig up my measurements. Not as fancy as ARTA, but they did show more/better effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.